Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vegetarian for Four Months and my Weight Issues

Wow, didn’t know I had it in me. My dad was shocked when I came home for 4th of July and was sill a Vegetarian, he fully expected me to have given it up by now. In fact I don’t remember hearing one meat or veggie joke the entire trip, well at least not from him.


                As time passes the easier it is to bypass the meat sections and head straight to the rest of the store. My problem now; after loosing 50 pounds, is getting off this weight loss plateau I entered upon becoming a vegetarian and start loosing again. All the people I know who became vegetarians gained lots of weight so when I decided to do this, I was very, very careful not to let that happen. I was successful in that aspect; I am still the same weight as I was when I started this journey.  

                It’s time to move forward. I have started a new exercise routine that I am going to stick to… even if I have to get up extra early to do it. This can’t be like all previous routines where I did it for awhile then one day did not feel like it and never did it again. 

                I need to incorporate a more vegetarian smart diet, that’s right Lauren, more vegetables! No, no…NO!!! AND dare I say it…less junk food… falls to the floor sobbing. 

                One step at a time I think. I’m afraid that if I try to do it all at once I may not make it…at all.
Wish me luck and a massive amount of will power!

No comments:

Post a Comment